Friday, July 21, 2006

Back in Osaka

After a night of packing, an hour of sleep, a 5:30am trip to the Halifax airport, the better part of a day in the Detroit departures terminal and a 14-hour long-haul flight while wedged between two rows of young, Asian children (they kicked, they screamed, they speculated about the wolves on the Disney in-flight feature...)

...I'm back in Osaka.

And Japan is zestful [just a note on that word: I opened up a thesaurus to try to find a word befitting how Japan feels and couldn't find one, but realized I've never used the word zestful and was scared I might never find the opportunity] -- So, we ask, if it's so zestful, then why did I ever leave? Well, I'll get to that in an upcoming monstrosity of an update. But right now, I have an apartment to find and some sushi to be prepared for me in an efficient, polite manner.

5 Comments:

At July 23, 2006 12:18 AM, Blogger disco kuusisto said...

good to hear you got back safely too bad i could not get it together to see more of you in hali.
I'll see you around champ.

 
At July 24, 2006 2:18 PM, Blogger jonbruhm said...

NAKAU!
LET'S EAT!

 
At July 26, 2006 6:38 AM, Blogger AR said...

Ryan,
Your blog is paradise to me.
Let's be in love forever.

 
At August 10, 2006 2:22 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Damn you, where is my upcoming monstrosity of an update?

I picked my Australia courses and managed to score my bad self a 3-day school week. So, regarding visiting Japan, I will probably skip a week and come up for a bit. Or skip two weeks, go to Southeast Asia, and then come up. I'm, like, so committed to learning.

 
At August 15, 2006 1:15 AM, Blogger karaoke queen said...

welcome back - its impossible to stay away :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home