Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's a boy!

Congratulations to Japan's Princess Kiko (as I know you're reading this).

Today Japan is abuzz. Princess Kiko, who I usually hold in contempt due to her tainted commoner blood, has given Japan a breathing chance by giving birth to a male heir. Current emperor Akihito (shown below, looking not dissimilar to an evil ventriloquist's dummy) came out to announce the victory.



Japan, if you weren't aware, has endured a 40-year dry spell of no male heirs. This crisis has led to radicals lashing out by suggesting desperate measures, such as altering Japanese law to allow female emperors. Well, the people of Japan need not fear any longer: your savior is born and your empirical gender worries can be cast aside for another 80 or so years.

"Ryan, where have you been?"

I know you have a lot of questions. Where have I been? What happened to August? Why have you not posted? Who are you? What am I doing here? etc. --- Well, all your questions will be answered in time. For now, let me tell you that things have been tumultuous and earth-shattering. But now I really have to get to bed. Check back again for a big update soon.

Ryan

2 Comments:

At September 07, 2006 9:08 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Pssh, female emperors. Next women'll be wanting to get out of the kitchen, ingrates that they are.

I have been researching flight costs to Asia and I don't know if I can afford a flight to Japan (since I am already going to buy ones to New Zealand and a couple other Australian cities) but I am planning on flying into Bangkok or Singapore (both WAY cheaper flights than Japan) and then messing around there for 10-14 days. You still interested in coming?

 
At September 09, 2006 9:26 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

...and by update soon I meant sometime next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home