Friday, October 13, 2006

Hot Pepper Model

I entered the staff lounge yesterday, eating Andes Mint Chocolates that I bought at an international food store.

"Hey Ryan," a co-worker said to me as I entered. "Is this a picture of you in a Hot Pepper ad?" Hot Pepper is a monthly local publication that has ads and coupons for all kinds of services, including English schools.



"No."

"Are you sure? Look at this picture."

I took a look.




"No, Jake, that's a Japanese woman."

"No, next to her..."

I looked again.



"Oh yeah, hmm... I guess that is me..."

"What are you doing in an ad for a school that you don't work for?"

I stopped to think. That was a good question. I recognized the student I was teaching. Why couldn't I remember this photo being taken? The picture doesn't look like it was taken from across the room. And how could a company that I don't work for publish me in their advertising without even notifying me? (let alone paying me) My head started to hurt.

"To be honest, Jake," I replied. "A lot of things happen in this country that I don't understand."

I went back to eating my Andes Mint Chocolates.

5 Comments:

At October 16, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger klc said...

You're a handsome model. Have you ever thought about starting a career? I know that you're good at posing for photographs. And now you can put this ad campaign in your portfolio.

xo.

 
At October 16, 2006 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan-

Hot Pepper Magazine obviously recognized you as quite the hot pepper and couldn't not use your photo under the circumstances. I enjoy the updates. Nov. 11 is circled on my calendar.

 
At October 22, 2006 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH!! Oh!!! Kawaiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

love,

Meghano "Hussy-san" Merriganeko

 
At October 24, 2006 12:25 AM, Blogger Ada said...

hey ryan,
haven't seen your blog in a while but i've heard through the grapevine that you are heading back to the Americas. so whats your deal? will you be stopping by toronto?
school is kicking my ass.

 
At October 24, 2006 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sexy pic...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home